The living room in any household is considered to be the heart of the house. It is a place where actual “living” happens as we spend quite a lot of time there. The living room is such a place where you entertain your family or friends, watch TV shows, and binge read books. For this reason, implementing good living room ideas is essential for you and the whole family. If you have a living room in which you have made any changes in years, it is about time you read this article and go through some of the best living room décor ideas. There are also small living room ideas in this article and modern living room ideas.
Things to Consider Before Decorating the Living Room
Implementing and exploring the living room ideas can be the best and fun thing to do, but there are certain things to consider while decorating a living room. Read the article for essential information.
- You should set off with a plan in mind and an outlook of what the living room should look like, which means that you must know every tail and head in advance. It will help you with the decoration behind every successful project; there are plans and strategies; the same should be applied here.
- It is highly recommended to do research work before deciding on any of the living room ideas. Y design page you like and keep it aside for future reference.
- Lighting is essential in the success of the decoration. Lights help to create a great ambiance that adds to the room’s glitter and shine, which makes your the mood glitter as well. It also boosts your oxycodone levels. Also, candles can bring an extra spark to the living room.
- Choosing the best furniture is equivalent to oxygen for our bodies. Correctly placing the furniture is important. Do not place the furniture against the wall. The room will look smaller by this kind of arrangement.
- Flooring is crucial to furnishing. The floor covering can be anything you want, such as wood, carpet, etc. You should see that it should be of a darker shade or similar color to the walls.
- There should be a proper free space for daily activities; the room will look like a furniture shop.
- Accessories can help you to enhance the look of the living room. Pick up pieces from markets or any inspiration, such as this article. Accessories should be goodies or some items which you treasure.
- Plants will help you to add a natural ambiance to the living room. Plants will also help you to fill the empty spaces.
- New paintings can bring a wave of agility to your room that acts as a style to your room.
- Curtains also play a highly essential role. If the curtains are not proper, your hard work will go to waste.
Living Room Ideas
After putting all these points into consideration, you are now ready to implement any of the following living room ideas.
Dark And Light
When a living room is all white, it feels too clean, and if it is dark color, it will feel like a cave. But with these modern living room ideas, you create a dynamic look. Mixing dark and light colors will help you create a modern and classic look with balance and depth. The design of any space can go to another level by the inclusion of little white with a little black.
An accent wall is an easy and fantastic update that you can do. However, be careful when you do it. Make sure not to overfill it with patterns. One side of the wall shall be the focal point of the house. You can add paint or wallpaper to the accent wall.
Frame a Fireplace
In this type of living room decor idea, you can frame the fireplace with a set of built-in shelves. It is great to create a feature wall in a living room. It looks great when they are symmetrical. Ensure that the shelving units are equal in size. You can add doors to cover the lower portion for the closed portion. Also, add a pair of mirrors and sconces above the fireplace to complete the look.
It can be challenging to find artwork large enough for the living room. If the artwork is small and the wall is big, it will look like it does not serve any purpose. To tackle the small artwork problem, you can group the small artworks on a single wall. Before hanging the paintings or artworks on the wall, you should organize them on the floor to get a perfect view. A good thumb rule is to keep the same amount of space between each piece.
Dark Wall Theme
Try a bold dark wall color for a living room update. Dark walls induce cozy vibes and a welcoming feel. Dark walls are best if you tend to read books as they will give you a library feel. When using a darker color on the walls, keep the floor and ceiling finishes lighter. The deep blue wall color will make the best living room paint, making it the room’s focus. You can use this method to showcase the beautiful and special objects displayed.
This type of living room idea is beyond white and black. Decorating a living room with various contrasting neutrals goes along to make it feel rich and welcoming. For example, the white walls, brass hardware, grey sofa, caramel leather, along blue-grey cabinets will help one another contrast best. It is also amongst the best small living room ideas that will help you to highlight different undertones and finishes. It makes the palette feel rich even before other primary elements, such as pattern, texture, and colors.
Play With Texture
Most people tend to overlook texture when they are looking for living room ideas. However, it is normal because we do not need to see it so much as touch it. It is essential for a living room to feel cozy, and for this, textures are essential. Plush textures that provide an appealing touch and harder texture will provide more contrast. You should include cotton, wool, metal, glass, stone, plant, and leather, and as many textures as you can add.
Moreover, you can start with a pillow as it is the best place to initiate, especially if you are decorating the living while being on a budget. You can also look for other accessories and furnishings to add new materials to the palette. It is also considered one of the best small living room ideas as you do not need to add anything to these living room decor ideas.
Cabinets Living Room Decor Ideas
Unlike other rooms, living room cabinets are one of the living room decor ideas. You can either choose small or big, light or heavy, closed or open, long to short cabinets. Cabinets will help hold various items, such as handicrafts, arts, planters, candles, photographs, paintings, etc. One of the significant decisions you will have to make will be whether your cabinet should be built-in or free-standing.
You can also choose the best option for you by looking at the pros and cons of each and considering the living room’s layout. Fancier and modern cabinets featured built-in LED and lighting to focus statement pieces and lit the space. Inlaying the cabinets with mirrors, metals, and stone can add a more decorative effect to space and uplift the mood.
Creative Living Room Ideas
If you’re a creative person and love doing things yourself, you can create some of the best living room ideas. You can make your seating area more than just a sofa. You can get rid of old-fashioned sofas and bring in some fresh seating arrangements. It can either be an accent chair, sectional, swing, futon, pouf, and bean bag. A daybed lined with pillows can add to the list if you love hosting friends. You can choose seating that differs in sizes, colors, and shapes.
Sculpture Living Room Ideas
A small sculpture is enough and good to make the space great. Most people are in the delusion that they are confined to classical style and need to be artsy. Sculptures are a great way to showcase arts without compromising anything. You can get sculptures of various kinds, such as modern, contemporary, bold and whimsical, etc. Follow the following tips if you opt for the sculpture.
- Don’t have too many.
- Give your sculpture it’s breathing room.
- Avoid busy backgrounds.
- Give it some light or highlight it.
- Keep it out of your way.
Light It Up
Right lighting plays an essential in any living room ideas and helps to experience the decoration to the fullest. You can try layering the living room with three lighting types: basic illumination, Ambient light, and accent light, to highlight specific areas or objects.
We all love decorating living room ideas, you can opt for some of the best ones from this article. These are a combination of small living room ideas that can give an extremely modern look. all the small living room ideas. Modern living room ideas were also included in the article. It is better to take an expert’s help when making any significant changes in your home, or you may damage the glasses.
For more information on home improvement, visit HouseDecorationTip.