Most of the kids love to play with slime and has become one of the most covetable children’s toys. But a kid’s enjoyment becomes troublesome for the parents if the slime is stuck in the carpet. It is because slime creates a wreck in the carpet fibers which makes it difficult for you to take it off. In this article, we will discuss most of the different methods of how you get slime out of the carpet. But before knowing about how to get putty out of carpet, you should know what slime is and how it is made.
Slime is an eye-catching, gooey, and sticky substance. It is mostly made with glue, a bit of water, and either borax or contact lens solution. It combines quickly and gets vivid hues from different food coloring. Also, it has a glue-like texture and is available in numerous colors.
Wondering How To Get Dried Slime Out Of Carpet?
You have to get rid of the dried slime on your carpet. If you allow it to sit longer, it will be more difficult to remove it from the surface of the carpet. So, if you are worried about how to get dried slime out of the carpet? You don’t have to panic; here is the stepwise instruction below for helping you to know about how to remove dried slime from carpet:
- Firstly, you have to pick the slime from your hands. If you can’t get the slime out from the surface with your hands, you have to apply ice on top of the slime stain spot.
- Allow ice cubes to sit for 10 minutes or until the slime is completely frozen
- When the slime is fully frozen, pick it and after that break it. Or you can gently scrape the slime out of the carpet.
- If there is more slime left on the carpet, you have to remove the remaining slime by following the process of how to get wet slime out of the carpet. Continue reading and you will know the process.
Product For How To Get Slime Off Of Carpet
The products that you will need for how to get wet slime out of carpet are as below:
- Paint scraper: Paint scraper will more effectively remove the slime from your carpet. However, the knife present in your kitchen can also do that work but you should choose a paint scraper. Furthermore, whatever tool you choose, just be careful that it is not too sharp to damage the carpet. White distilled vinegar: When you mix it with water, white distilled vinegar becomes an effective solution for removing slime from the carpet without damaging its texture or color.
- Scrubbing brush: It helps in the removal of the deep, dried-in bits of slime from the carpet without causing damage. But choose a scrubbing brush that has some grip or a handle so that you can easily hold it. Also, use a scrubbing brush with plastic bristles instead of metal bristles.
- OxyClean spot treatment: It is an oxygen-based, water-activated formula. The spot treatment is the most effective method for getting stains out of the carpet. Pour the powder in some water and dab it onto the carpet with the help of a clean cloth. Just be sure to wear gloves for your safety and do a spot-check before applying them on the carpet.
How To Get Slime Off Carpet Six Simple Stepwise Method?
Here is one of the best methods that will help you to learn how to clean slime out of the carpet. Just follow the stepwise instruction and you will be able to know how to get slime out of your carpet. Here are stepwise instructions for how to make slime out of carpet are as below:
- Scraping: To begin with, use your fingers to remove as much of the slime out of your carpet. Try to remove most of the slime with your hands. You can also use a spoon for gently scraping off the slime from the carpet. The scraping will make the loose slime off the carpet. It is better to scrape the slime with the help of a proper tool such as a paint scraper.
- Making A Solution: You need to mix 2/3 cup of distilled white vinegar and 1/3 cup of warm water in a bowl. Removing slime from the carpet needs vinegar because slime has borax and glue-like ingredients. Vinegar can easily break it down. Apply a good quantity of this solution so that you can fully cover the slime stain on the carpet. If the slime is deeper in the carpet fibers, you have to leave the mixture to soak in for extra 12-15 minutes.
- Apply Pressure: to loosen the slime from the carpet, you may need to use a scrubbing brush. Don’t damage your carpet’s fibers while applying the pressure to loosen up the slime from the carpet.
- Pat The Dry Area: when there is no trace of slime left on the carpet, take a clean and dry towel. Pat the area dry.
- Oxiclean Spot Treatment: it is an optional step and you can use it when slime has left any color on the carpet. To remove the stain, pour the solution on the stain and leave it for 1-5 minutes. Now, take a clean cloth and gently blot the solution until you completely remove the stain from the carpet.
- Vacuum The Area: Once you can remove all the slime from the carpet, vacuum the area to remove any small bits of slime that are still stuck in the fibers of the carpet.
How To Get Slime Out Of A Carpet With A Regular Carpet Cleaner?
It is important to clean the slime when it is stuck to the carpet. You can use Regular Carpet Cleaner for the removal of the slime from the surface of your carpet. Different Carpet Cleaners have different instructions, so you have to be careful while using the cleaner for getting rid of the slime. Or Hire a professional cleaner.
Allow the carpet cleaner to sit for about five minutes and after that scrub the area in small circles with the help of a sponge. But you have to first dip the sponge in warm water. Use both soft and scouring sides of the sponge; yellow and green for scrubbing the area where there is a stain of slime. Furthermore, you have to change the sponge water after the second or third use; otherwise, it will look like blue water.
If there are still some blue residues, use carpet cleaner and a towel to remove the left slime stains. Lastly, vacuum your carpet to remove bits of slime if there will be any left.
How To Take Slime Off Carpet By Using Club Soda?
This is another easy method for how to get slime off of the carpet. You can easily use club soda to remove slime from the carpet. To begin with, take the backside of a butter knife and use it to remove the slime as much as possible. After physically removing the slime dust, vacuum the loose pieces of slime present on the carpet.
Apply club soda on the stain and let it sit for five minutes. Now, with the help of a clean cloth, try to absorb the excess soda water. After blotting the stain with a cloth, you still have to scrub the area. Use the green scouring side of the sponge to finish the work.
Know-How To Get Slime Out Of Carpet Easy With Baking Soda And Vinegar?
Using baking soda and vinegar is another easy way if you are curious about how to get rid of slime on the carpet. Firstly, you have to create a mixture of vinegar and water solution of 2:1 ratio. After that sprinkle a good amount of baking soda on the stain that is present on the carpet. Now, spray the vinegar and water mixture on the area and leave it for approximately 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, take a brush and start cleaning the stain. But remember to do it gently. You must use a paper towel to wipe up the leftover baking soda and slime particles. To finish the cleaning you have to vacuum the carpet but before that dab the surface with warm water. Let it dry completely.
The baking soda and vinegar create a fizz which will be very satisfying. But after complete drying and vacuuming, you will note a little bit of difference in your carpet. The spot where you got the stain will be a bit brighter than the surrounding carpet.
How To Clean Slime From Carpet With Dish Soap
To clean any slime stain from the carpet, it is the best home remedy to do. Take a spray bottle and mix 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap with 2 cups of warm water in it. Spray the dish soap mixture on the slime stain and leave it for 2-4 minutes. After 2-4 minutes, again take the bottle and spray the mixture on the area. Now, use a sponge or rag to dab the slime particle. Once you are done with the dabbing and the area is clean, you have to dab it again with plain warm water. Allow the area to completely dry.
This method will not disappoint you and your carpet will be as new as it was before the slime stain. But the dish soap will generate soap suds that you have to clean with the help of a paper towel.
Types Of Slime
When you know how to get slime out of your carpet, you should also be familiar with which type of slime you are working with because there are different slimes. Here are some of the slimes that are commonly available in the market:
It is thick slime that holds intentions. It is very durable and is the type that is mostly present in the stores. If your kid has classic slime, you don’t have to worry because this type of slime doesn’t usually stick to the carpet. It will stick to the carpet only if someone steps on it. Moreover, if it does get stuck into the carpet, most of it will come out without creating any mess.
As the name suggests, it is a slime that is slick and smooth like butter. It has a unique structure which makes it very stretchy and slippery. Moreover, it pops when you fold it. This property makes the butter slime very popular among kids. But, it is the type of slime that is easily stuck into the carpets and rugs. Therefore, Be careful when you have this type of slime in your house.
It is a type of slime that has a crunchy texture. When you touch it, you will feel tiny beads are present inside the slime. And when you squeeze it, it will sound like packed snow. Sugar slime doesn’t usually stick to the carpets or rugs but if it does, it will be hard to remove it.
Cloud slime is a dream for adults. It is a perfect slime that has a fluffy-like meringue texture. It is just like fluffy clay that doesn’t stick to surfaces of the carpets or rugs too badly but rolls off of them. You can only hope that your kid wants cloud slime because if he or she does, you don’t need to consider the stains caused by these slimes.
It is also known as Clear Slime. It has a clear base and it is very difficult to remove it from any rug or carpet. Hopefully, your kid doesn’t want jelly slime because it is a slime that destroys the carpet if it is badly stuck to it.
Basic Steps Of How To Get Hard Slime Out Of Carpet
No matter which method you are using for how to get slime out of a carpet, there are some basic steps that you have to follow. These steps are as below:
Application Of Cleaning Solution:
Pour or spray the cleaning solution directly on the carpet. But be careful that the solution is not harming the carpet backing. Also, there are some cases in which you can’t directly pour the solution; therefore you need to use a towel.
Leave the solution to dry:
It is very important to leave the solution on the stain for a few minutes. However, the time duration depends on the cleaning solution. But, don’t let it take off the color of the carpet.
You have to wipe away the slime after leaving the solution on it. Use a suitable tool that will do the work properly without damaging your carpet or rug.
Rinse The Area With Hot Water:
After scraping, take warm water and dip the towel in it. Now, gently dab it on the surface of the carpet. It will remove the remaining slime from the carpet.
Allow Carpet To Dry:
Leave the carpet until it is completely air dry.
It doesn’t matter how many times you scold your kids for keeping the house untidy and dirty but they will do their job of making your house messy especially with the slime. Hopefully, with the help of this article now you will be able to know different methods of how to clean slime from the carpet. With these easy ideas of how to get rid of slime on the carpet, you know that slime is a pretty easy mess to clean off. But you should not delay the process of cleaning the slime.
Remove a slime stain as soon as you notice it on the carpet or any other rug. The longer time you take to remove it, it will get harder to slime out. If the slime is wet, remove as much slime as you can by using your hands and follow the steps. If the slime is dry, there are different methods for how to get slime out of your carpet as above.
For more information on home improvement, visit HouseDecorationTip.