Do you love playing games? Your mouse pad is going to get super gunky over time! With an average of around 20,000 germs per square inch on each desk, you need to keep on cleaning your mouse pad timely. Even if you have a busy office schedule and find it hard to take out time for a bunch of spring cleaning, prioritize smart and small cleaning of the mouse pad. Wondering can you wash a mousepad? Looking for easy ways to clean the mouse pad? Well! Don’t Worry! I have come up with an amazing read for you. The article discusses easy techniques on how to clean a mousepad in easy steps and the relevant important tips. Just keep on following the steps to clean your mouse pad.
Things You Need to Clean a Mousepad
Even if your mouse pad is old, you can still enjoy the smooth functioning of the mouse by properly cleaning the mouse pad. Clean the dirt of debris on your mouse pad as this could still get stuck in your mouse. Here is a list of things that you need before getting started on how to clean a mousepad.
- Soft bristle brush
- Cold Water
- Bucket or a large bowl
- Clean towel
Why Should I Clean My Mouse Pad
An un-cleaned mouse pad can certainly affect gaming as the mouse doesn’t work smoothly. Even though nowadays trackball mice are less common but dirty mouse pad still affects newer mice. This is because of the dirt on the mouse pad.
The leftover dirt on the mouse pad affects the overall movement of your mouse. It slows down your gameplay especially when your mouse pad is sticky. Dirt potentially blocks the sensors from working as they should.
For smoothing functioning, try cleaning the mousepad. Most of the mousepads are made up of rubber and can be easily cleaned with water and is the best way to clean the mouse pad.
However, make sure that you avoid acetone or alcohol while cleaning the mouse pad. The alcohol will dissolve the rubber glue that holds the fabric onto the mouse pad.
How to Clean a Mousepad with a Washing Machine?
Wondering if you can put Your Mouse Pad in the Washing Machine to clean it? Well! The answer to your question is “Yes”. You can easily wash your mouse pad in the washing machine. Don’t feel like cleaning it by hand, use a washing machine.
However, make sure that the mouse pad you use is made from one of these materials for fair game. The list includes different materials, for example, polyester, nylon, acrylic, acetate, microfiber, foam, polyurethane, and rubber. Here are some tips to consider while cleaning the mouse pad in the washing machine:
- Use the mild detergent for washing the mouse pad. Any sober detergent will work great for cleaning.
- Set the washer to cold water. It will help to protect the material of the mouse pad from any damage.
- Set the washer to light cleaning
- Don’t use any kind of bleach.
- Let the mouse pad air dry naturally.
You should never put the mouse pad into the dryer as it will damage the material of the mouse pad. The same goes true for hot water. You can also contact the manufacturer company of the mouse pad for any query related to mouse pad washing.
- The disclaimer works the mouse pads that are suitable for cleaning with the help of a washing machine.
- Make a decision based on the type of material and quality of the mouse pad.
- A mouse pad with a custom design is best to wash with your hands.
How Many Times Should I Wash My Mouse Pad?
Though there is no strict rule about it, the most optimal choice to query how to clean a mouse mat will depend upon how often it is used. The golden rule is to clean your mouse pad at least 3-4 times a year. If you work daily with your mouse pad and find your mouse pad dirty, increase the number of washes.
Also, it is important to clean the mouse pad soon after you spill coffee or tea over it. You must also clean the mouse pad when you drop it off on the dirty dusty floor.
How to Clean Your Mousepad Quickly and Effectively?
Wondering about the best way to clean a mousepad? One of the best cleaning agents for the mouse pad is soap. You can simply use soap and water to clean your mouse pad quickly. This will help you to get rid of any dirt or grime that has been collected on your mouse pad for a long time.
It will just take a few minutes of your busy schedule and little hard work done with your hands. In return, you will enjoy a great vibe with a clean work environment around. Here are steps that will tell you how to clean a mouse pad quickly:
- Take a bowl that is big enough and fill it with cold water. If the bowl is not around, you can also fill a bucket with cold to clean your mouse pad. Put a drop of mild shampoo into the water.
- Put the mouse pad into the bowl or bucket for 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 minutes, take it out of the bucket or bowl and start gently cleaning its surface by either squirting a little dish soap directly on the pad or using a sponge. To use a sponge, put the sponge under running water for a minute to wet it thoroughly and squirt soap on the sponge instead of the pad. Work the sponge over the entire surface of the mouse pad.
- You can also use a soft bristle brush other than a hand to clean its surface. Ensure gentleness while cleaning the mouse pad. Being harsh will damage the material of the mouse pad and make it look older.
- Rinse away the soap using cold water. Rinse the soap off properly and leave no suds behind on the front or the back of the mouse pad.
- Take a clean dry towel and pat your mouse pad with it. Let the mouse pad now dry naturally by giving it a rest for one day. The towel dries the mouse pad easily and prevents mold. You can also place it on a small baker’s rack to provide more airflow or close to the fan. This helps the pad to dry faster. However, the option will be to wait for it to dry naturally.
If there’s still a dirty spot on the mouse or leftover stain, you must repeat the steps with more soap. The above method is the best way to clean a mousepad. It is simple yet efficient! Your mouse pad is now clean and you can start using it tomorrow.
However, make sure If your mouse pad has some design on it, don’t scratch the design by scrubbing. Also, to avoid fading of color of the mouse pad, avoid it keeping in the direct sun.
How Do You Clean a Mousepad- Tips and Highlights
Whether you are an office worker or gamer, you need to keep on cleaning the mouse pad regularly to maintain the hygiene and accuracy of your task. It is important to know all the cleaning tips while working on how to wash your mousepad. Here are some extra tips to clean the mouse pad efficiently.
- Use a spacious bowl to clean the mouse pad. You can also clean it in a bathtub.
- Don’t use bleach or strong shampoos to clean the mouse pad.
- Gently spray the cold water on the mouse pad while rinsing off the mild shampoo.
- If there are stains on the mouse pad, use sponges that are soaked with soap to wipe away stains.
- Use a soft bristle brush only when stains don’t get away with the sponge. You must brush the only part of the mouse pad with tough stains.
- Don’t use the wire sponge or hard-bristled brush as it will damage your mouse pad.
- Put it near a fan to air dry.
- Make sure that the mouse pad is completely dry before you start using else you will damage the mouse of your system.
You can avoid full wash if all it needs is a quick touch-up. For example, you only need to run a hand vacuum over a soft mousepad to clean debris. You can also clean it with a compressed air duster or spray a clean soft pad with a fabric protector product.
Know how to wash mousepad and don’t let the dust get collected on your mouse pad. Find some time for a bit of cleaning. Get your mouse pad a good rinse. When small things are done, you can also think of cleaning your complete work table.
Moreover, you will get more productive in a clean and hygienic environment. The only exception to the above article is the tech mouse pad. The tech mouse pad is well equipped with led lights and portable charge and hence shouldn’t be washed with water.
For more information on home improvement, visit HouseDecorationTip.